Senior Specification Writer
Company: CDM Smith
Posted on: January 22, 2023
33204BRRequisition ID:33204BRBusiness Unit:TSUJob
Description:CDM Smith is an engineering and construction firm
delivering legendary service, smart solutions for the environment
and infrastructure, and an unmatched experience for our clients and
employees. Our firm works with clients around the world to
implement solutions to meet current and future needs. CDM Smith is
not considering consulting firms for this position.We are open to
full-remote and hybrid schedules for this position. This position
can be based out of any CDM Smith U.S. based office.
- Under general direction, writes, edits and coordinates use of
basic to advanced project technical specifications related to the
engineering and architecture professions, for design or
design-build in partnership with design engineers.
- Coordinates review of Division 00/01 with project managers and
firms counsel. Can include integrating client front ends or
generating EJCDC front ends.
- Develops, maintains, and updates project specifications table
of contents (TOC) based on section lists received from each
- Creates, updates, and maintains specification section
development responsibility worksheets.
- Incorporates appropriate federal, state, and local requirements
(including state or federal funding agency checklists, if
- Leads the quality checking process for the project technical
- Provides regular updates to each projects PM and design
- In partnership with other specification writers, Community of
Practice (CoP) leaders and discipline leaders, updates and
maintains the master specifications library. Recommends updates to
specifications library and other related policies and
- Participates in writing new master specifications for the firms
library as needed. Coordinates specific master specification
divisions knowledge base as part of team.
- Uploads specifications sections into specifications systems
(ex: ProjectWise) Compiles and maintains a complete project manual
to be used for duplication and ad hoc reporting.
- Provides specifications related training to staff.
- Performs ad hoc duties as required.Job Title:Senior
Specification WriterGroup:ISOEmployment Type:RegularMinimum
- Bachelor's degree and Professional Engineer (PE), Registered
Architect (RA) or related technical registration/license OR
Bachelor's degree and CCS Certification.
- 7 years of related experience.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The
frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties,
responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position,
which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be
considered in lieu of a degree.Preferred Qualifications:
- Well-rounded experience with design, project management and
- Experience writing and editing engineering technical
specifications for public, government and private sector
- Experience with CSI format requirements for technical
specifications, EJCDC front end documents and working with
multi-discipline teams to develop specifications required.
- Experience using master specifications, writing and editing
vertical and horizontal construction specifications. Familiarity
with DOT, SpecsIntact and international specifications
- Membership in CSI with CDT or CCS certification desirable or
DBIA or other construction/design industry certification requiring
education, experience, testing and CE credit requirements.
- Knowledge of necessary formatting requirements for technical
- Requires occasional domestic travel.EEO Statement:We attract
the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn
and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work
environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of
disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our
employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs
of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital
status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran
status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.Why
CDM Smith?:Check out this video and find out why our team loves to
work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)Join
Us! CDM Smith where amazing career journeys unfold.Imagine a place
committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you
work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an
active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers
are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and
supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to
do so. Where its a priority that the company takes good care of you
and your family.Our employees are the heart of our company. As an
employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging,
progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal
leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We
value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver
world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our
team, and together we will make a difference and change the
world.Job Site Location:United States - NationwideAgency
Disclaimer:All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement
Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive
payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any
other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding
terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume
submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center
Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will
not be held liable to pay a placement fee.Amount of Travel
Required:10%Assignment Category:Fulltime-RegularVisa Sponsorship
Available:No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN
Visas for this positionSkills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of necessary formatting requirements for
- Advanced knowledge in MasterSpec, SpecsIntact and Microsoft
Word software processing.
- Strong ability to work within client-centered, multidiscipline
engineering design teams to both coordinate and lead project
- Expert knowledge of project bidding and contract
- Strong problemsolving skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge of engineering design project specifications
production and delivery methods, including alternate project
delivery methods and approaches.Background Check and Drug Testing
Information:CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries
(hereafter collectively referred to as CDM Smith) reserves the
right to require background checks including criminal, employment,
education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when
applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may
conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks
are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the
United States. The timing of when background checks will be
conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States
will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the
background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct
interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal
background check, and no job application submitted prior to such
interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If
this position is subject to a background check for any convictions
related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will
be contingent upon successful completion of a background
investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not
automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during
employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith
client to successfully complete additional background checks,
including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.U.S. Vaccine
Status:CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter
collectively referred to as CDM Smith) are committed to your health
and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable
government and client COVID-19 requirements.
Keywords: CDM Smith, Independence , Senior Specification Writer, Advertising , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!