Site Reliability Engineer
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: January 22, 2023
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Edward Jones is looking for you to help with system
reliability and performance monitoring in Enterprise Services -
responsible for utilizing system monitoring tools to measure
availability and performance. This person will help set performance
criteria for dashboards and effectiveness of applications for end
users and be part of the center of excellence for SRE at the firm.
This person will work with Product Owners to prioritize application
changes to address performance and reliability for end users
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will drive system monitoring,
performance, enhance data usage and analysis for the firm to
identify areas off opportunity for providing better service and
systems to our end users. You will help proactively identify system
issues and run change/resolution to ensure stability for our end
users. In Enterprise Service this will include firm developed
systems and vendor cloud service like Salesforce Service
- Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems,
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, and facilitate blameless
- Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle
ensuring sustainable software releases.
- Perform analytics on previous incidents and usage patterns to
better predict issues and take proactive actions.
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify
bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity
demands.This role requires a wide variety of strengths and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software
- Proficient in Java, Kubernetes, SQL (DB2, Oracle), no SQL
(Mongo), data streaming (Kafka), and DevOps principles.
- Perform in-depth research and identify cause of production
issues, perform workaround for mitigation.
- Design and code software solutions that help automate manual
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in existing applications and
design and implement remediation of these gaps.
- Work to improve the stability of applications in the production
- Understand and contribute to the software delivery
- Ensure changes to the applications follow a disciplined change
management processes including all documentation, reviews, and
approval steps using standard tool sets for automated testing and
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture
- Proficient knowledge of one or more infrastructure components
such as orchestration tools, containerization, cloud services,
compute and storage systems
- Capable of managing service-level changes to a system or
- Hands-on experience with cloud deployment, monitoring, and ops
analysis tools such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Elasticsearch,
Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, and DynaTrace
- Experience with cloud hosted applications is a plus.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $92984 - $158325
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Independence , Site Reliability Engineer, Engineering , Higginsville, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!