Manager - Compliance - Financial Services
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: November 23, 2021
What you'll do...
H&R Block is looking for a Manger - Compliance-Financial
Services to reinvent our digital experiences. You will empower
customers through our Fintech startup focused on providing
financially vulnerable and coping consumers access to innovative
financial services. Financially backed by one of the largest
alternative financial services providers in the Americas, this
startup is well-positioned to disrupt the US financial services
industry for the underserved. The company is currently in
pre-launch and is expected to enter the market early-2022.
Responsible for assisting in maintaining a regulatory compliant
program focused on bank issued financial services products offered
through H&R Block tax preparation and related channels, using
previously established guidelines and in collaboration with the
relevant partner bank(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive and disseminate for investigation, consumer complaints
lodged with the partner bank(s) and/or their regulatory agencies.
Provide written response to consumers or the agency, as requested
by the partner, and in accordance with the Consumer Complaints
Management Program within established timeframes/SLAs.
- Support the FS Compliance Program Manager in complaints program
reporting and complaints analysis.
- Support the FS Compliance Program Manager and the Director, FS
Compliance and Risk with review of product collateral, websites,
training, agent scripts, etc.
- Provide assistance, support and respond to questions and
requests for information needed by H&R Block and related
subsidiaries' personnel, regarding matters focused on regulatory
compliance specific to banking regulations and relevant to current
or new financial services and products.
- Work closely as requested with relevant partner bank teams in
maintaining compliance with the above stated areas as well as any
contractual program components that might be involved.
- Assist the FS Compliance Program Manager with review, update
and distribution of required annual and new-hire regulatory
- Collaborate and keep Compliance management informed of trends
and any significant issues noted during day-to-day activities.
- Work Environment: Standard office environment
- Special Physical Requirements: None
- Travel: Less than 5% of the time
What you'll bring to the team...
Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as Business, Finance,
Audit/Accounting or the equivalent through a combination of
education and related work experience.
Five or more years in a related financial institution field with
direct bank regulatory compliance experience.
- Working knowledge of banking deposit and lending regulations
such as EFTA, TISA, UDAAP, TILA, ECOA, FCRA, Prepaid Card rules,
- Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to
assimilate into a useful format.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include oral and written
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- Proficient at working independently and as a team member and to
maintain sensitive and confidential information. Work/Industry
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or other
financial institution-industry regulatory compliance related
- Active participation in or leading a
financial-institution-industry compliance team specific to ensuring
a sound compliance management program subject to agency exam,
audit, regular program evaluation, etc.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
Keywords: H&R Block, Independence , Manager - Compliance - Financial Services, Executive , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!