Account Manager - Warrensburg, MO
Company: C.R. England
Posted on: January 13, 2022
C.R. England, a leading transportation solutions provider, is
interested in hiring a Dedicated Transportation Account Manager to
grow its asset-based business out of our Warrensburg, MO location.
-Transportation experience is required** -Why join us: -Stability:
- The transportation industry is crucial to the U.S. economy,
making C.R. England a stable career choice. As a 100 year-old
leader in the transportation industry, we have grown 100% in the
last decade. We will continue growing as we approach our second
century!Employee Value: - -2015 recipient of the Achievers Award
for Most Engaged Workplaces in the U.SBenefits: -World class
compensation and benefits packages, continuous training and
development, and a team-oriented cultureWork life balance: -At C.R.
England we value family both in our individual homes and our
company family; our culture embraces this philosophy and fosters an
environment to support both.Position SummarySummary:Account
Managers will have day-to-day oversite of customer accounts
including management of drivers, customer service and office
personnel. The person in this role will be held accountable to
metrics dictated by customer contracts and company expectations to
include safety, on-time delivery, utilization, asset management,
growth and efficiency. Responsibilities Job requirements may
include, but not be limited to:
- Direct and indirect management of drivers, office staff and
- Management of freight, including management of drivers' hours
under DOT regulations to ensure freight is delivered in a safe and
- Manage use of all assets including trucks and trailers with an
emphasis on utilization which may include slip-seating for some
- Be a leader in encouragement and enforcement of company's
safety standards. Work with Safety department to track trends, be
proactive and determine root causes and solutions for accidents and
other safety concerns. Manage compliance of drivers and safety
training requirements monthly.
- Communicate with customer proactively and professionally. Work
to ensure all freight commitments are being met and customers'
needs are addressed timely.
- Manage and control financial aspects of account including
efficiency of resources (fuel, drivers, equipment, maintenance
costs, etc.) as well as other costs to the account (workers comp,
accidents, facilities, employee costs, etc.)
- Hire, train and manage performance of office staff and drivers.
This may include disciplinary action up to and including
termination. Develop staff for succession planning. Work to
maintain engaged culture amongst employees.
- Focus staff on company goals and objectives as well as
providing excellent customer service.
- Proactively communicate with divisional leadership as
appropriate, working to avoid lapses in communication that may
affect the customer.
- Review and produce periodic reports for accuracy and
opportunities for account improvement.
- Conflict -resolution.
- Handle urgent situations in a professional manner. Job
Requirements: Essential job requirements may include, but not
- Understanding of financial health of account(s), particularly
profit and loss statements.Able to handle multiple tasks and work
effectively independently or in a team -environmentk.
- Keep company leadership informed of project priorities and any
issues that may require.their attention.Work with other department
leaders to establish goals, align priorities and
- Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage
others to do so at alltimes.
- Always conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive,
professional image. Mustmaintain a professional appearance in
accordance with dress code policies.
- Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and
- Work productively and collaboratively with direct supervisor
- Display and encourage teamwork and willingness to be a problem
solver. Provideexcellent customer service.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the
company and ensure that allemployees are knowledgeable of and
adhere to all standards set for by the company.
- Must be able to work with office equipment, utilizing computers
for majority of tasks.Job qualifications may include, but not
- Ability to work with office equipment, utilizing computers for
majority of tasks and mustbe familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient with Excel and other reporting capabilities
- Knowledge of industry-specific logistics programs
- Excellent inter-personal skills with drivers, other personnel,
customers, and management
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.Physical
- Capable of hearing, with our without correction, sufficiently
to perceive normal speaking -levels and receive detailed
information through oral communication in order to facilitate.
- Meetings and work with internal customers and stakeholders by
telephone and in person.
- Position may involve kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing,
lifting, carrying and movingobjects that can weigh up to 25
- Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends,
holidays and various shifts (toinclude evening and night shifts) as
- Capable of sitting at a desk for extended periods of time and
working with computerequipment.
- Capable of speaking, writing, and reading English well and
possessing a good command of the language so that various types of
communications may be conducted in English -with people of various
levels of education and capabilities.
- Capable of visual acuity, with or without correction,
sufficient to prepare and analyze -data and figures, view a
computer terminal, and read extensively.Education and Experience:
- 4 year degree in a specified field preferred or combination of
schooling and -commensurate industry experience. -
- Transportation or logistics industry experience strongly
- At least 2 years' experience directly supervising
- Experience with customer service, preferably working with
external customers. Working Environment and Conditions:
- Must have the ability to work on more than one assignment at a
time with frequentinterruptions, changes and/or delays.
- Must be able to remain focused and work effectively,
efficiently, and cheerfully undersuch circumstances.
- Must be able to handle incoming requests for assistance via
phone and in person whileworking on other tasks.
- Must remain professional in light of challenging situations
that may occur in the location.
- May be required to work in customer location. Must follow
customer rules andrequirements in areas such as dress code, access,
- Occasional travel by air or car.*CB*
Keywords: C.R. England, Independence , Account Manager - Warrensburg, MO, Executive , Warrensburg, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!