Business Continuity Manager
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: June 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.The BC Risk Manager will join the Business Resilience
department as it grows, scales, and matures the firm's Busines
Resilience Program. The Risk Manager will assist in creating
capabilities within Business Resilience to better understand and
manage the firm's outsourcing risk and the operational readiness of
the Firm's Third Parties. This includes the ongoing design
management and execution of the Third Party Resilience assessment
BC Risk Manager is responsible for:
- Supporting Business Resilience Programs with a focus on Third
Party, and Cyber Resilience.
- Contributing to the establishment of the ERM framework and
supporting its implementation in Business Resilience
- Contributing to the establishment, maintenance, and embedding
of the Third Party Resilience Assessment program
- Providing consultation to Vendor Relationship Owners, Supplier
Risk, and BCP regarding recommendations for Third Parties and
potential mitigation strategies
- Partnering with BCM Governance, Enterprise Risk, Internal
Audit, and other Risk Partners to ensure regulatory requirements
are being met and comply with the firm's resiliency strategy
- Understanding BCP and Third Party regulatory requirements that
are applied to the Financial Services Industry
- Clearly communicating highly complex models and business
concepts to all levels of the firm, including Sr. Leadership, in
both written and oral form, in order to effectively influence
critical decisions or actions.
- Proactively working to impact current and future business
results and decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply operational risk management
principles to business and technology processes.
- Demonstrated participation in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to understand (or learn) the 3rd party
business functions as well as the Technology functions relating to
the 3rd party business functions and services as required.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, comprehend, and leverage
complex risk and operational data.
- Knowledge of key program components pertaining to third party
resilience including assessing compensating controls and making
recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Basic understanding of technology data center recovery
methodologies in order to effectively consider those in the
business area plans.Education/Certification
- Bachelors Degree in a business or technology related field is
Years of Relevant Experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Risk Management, Business
Continuity Planning, Technology, Third Party Risk, or related work
- Experience with the Financial Services Industry is
As a financial institution, many issues are governed by regulation,
internal policies, procedures, and guidelines which provide
direction, but also present opportunities and constraints to
- Partner with stakeholders to identify, assess, and mitigate
potential risks to the firm.
- Ability to provide alternative solutions to nearly any given
- Ability to perform fast-paced, but sound problem-solving during
highly stressful crisis and incident management situations.
- Lend expertise and provide direction to firm leaders, business
and technology partners, and BC team members when difficult or
unusual risks are identified.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment when a
situation arises to assess the impact of an event and determine the
potential courses of action to take and present those to the BCP
Director, the division principal, or other firm leaders for
- Ability to work with technology and business areas to influence
the development and implementation of viable mitigation strategies
for potential business disruptions.
- Ability to develop and assess various scenarios to ensure that
exercising and testing appropriately demonstrates plan viability
and operational readiness.
- Ability to work with business areas to ensure that 3rd party
service and product provider plans adequately support the firm's
- This position will have a moderate level of autonomy to
identify and mitigate operational and technology risks of third
parties. Initiatives and planning efforts are reviewed with
colleagues and leaders; however the Activities will be directed by
the BC Sr. Manager, but will be performed independently. The
position is responsible for working directly and independently with
the business and technology owners and leaders and/or other
stakeholders to develop strategic and operational solutions that
incorporate the business and regulatory requirements, while
minimizing business risks.
- Ability to assess a potential risk situation and make the most
prudent decision recommendations considering all available data
Span of Influence:
This position has influence over business decisions which can
impact the entire firm - including clients, home and branch
offices, technology support, and clients. This position is seen as
a subject matter expert in technology and operational risk
requirements related to third parties. Business and technology
areas look to the Business Resilience department to help identify
and assess operational risks and to provide sound advice and
direction to ensure the firm is making informed decisions related
to operational preparedness to manage potentially severe business
- The role must ensure that the firm's third party controls are
in alignment to support business resiliency and recovery
- This position will have cross-functional, but non-direct,
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Independence , Business Continuity Manager, Executive , Warrensburg, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!