Senior Account Director / Strategic Capture
Posted on: July 15, 2019
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications
provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more
than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience,
CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by
solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure
connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted
partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity
and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that
help protect their business.
The Sr Account Director, / Client Partner is accountable for sales
and client engagement in existing Enterprise accounts. This role is
responsible for driving growth from the account by developing
strategic C-level client relationships and solving complex customer
problems. The Sr Account Director / Client Partner will be
responsible for utilizing strategic networking, Voice, Security,
cloud, Colo/DC, professional services and CDN solutions to solve
complex enterprise problems in his/her account base. The role will
entail developing strategic plans based on industry trends and
customer analysis. The Client Partner will collaborate with Sales,
Evangelists, Solution Architects, Pricing & Contract teams and
Solutions Engineers to grow the account and deliver Enterprise
Develop and strengthen relationships with decision makers and
influencers in the customer organisation and drive penetration in
various functions including outside CIO.
- Become a trusted IT advisor to the customer and participate in
customer's strategic planning.
- Regularly monitor sales trends, market dynamics and incorporate
into existing account strategy and plan.
- Lead account strategy and planning and seek opportunities of
growth in the account.
- Lead proposal development, negotiation and commercial terms for
- Demonstrate CenturyLink's unique value proposition to shape
opportunities for the customer and increase share of revenues from
single source deals.
- Bring together and create integrated opportunities with
end-to-end solution delivery requirements.
- Support the solutions teams with customer perspectives and
competitive intelligence to develop new vertical and horizontal
- Engage in Contract Negotiations and ensure buy-in from
CenturyLink legal representative
Responsible for managing business development activities for
high-profile named accounts and/or specific market segment(s) that
lead to the expansion and growth of new business. Accountable for
the coordination and strategy on assigned key account(s).
Responsible for the overall development and implementation of the
- Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new sales
opportunities in order to meet and exceed established sales and
- Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new
business from new and/or existing accounts.
- Broadens and deepens existing customer relationships in order
to gain strategic positioning as well as retain existing revenue
and attain additional business.
- Provides input to sales management about trends and changes
taking place within the customer's organization, and makes
recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the
company towards improving its position with the customer.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the company's entire product suite.
May have more in-depth knowledge on a subset of products and/or
- Drives account management responsibilities including solution
creation, solution offering, configuration management, order
issuance, service delivery, service management, and revenue
- Demonstrates a balance of strategic and tactical thought
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of
identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed
sales quota requirements.
- Requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales
activities outside of the office.
10+ years of industry sales experience
Looking for solid experience in selling complex strategic
solutions, Network and/or Voice Solutions, Colo/Data Center/Cloud
portfolio, Security Solutions etc. The individual would have a good
understanding of solutions selling methodology and be an expert in
consultative sellin Knowledge and understanding of the telecom
industry's competitive landscape.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Demonstrated strong communication, written, and formal
presentation skills as well as proficiency in selling to the
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with
an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel, and
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Experience: 10+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Business, Marketing, Sales or similar
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Alternate Location: US-Illinois-Chicago; US-Minnesota-Minneapolis;
US-Ohio-Cincinnati; US-Ohio-Cleveland; US-Ohio-Columbus
Requisition #: 214129
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment.
A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Independence , Senior Account Director / Strategic Capture, Executive , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!