Licensed Practical Nurse LPN Acute Rehab PRN
Company: Centerpoint Medical Center
Posted on: May 15, 2022
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered
care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients
with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your
career as a Licensed Practical Nurse today with Centerpoint Medical
Center.At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a
variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along
with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)The Life of an HCA
NurseYou contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Inpatient Rehabilitation LPN like
you to be a part of our team.The Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed
Practical Nurse (LVN/LPN) coordinates and delivers high quality,
patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic
patient care services. In collaboration with the RN and other
members of the care team, the LVN/LPN provides individualized,
comprehensive, and compassionate care in accordance with the nature
and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with
the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and
specialty.About this unit:
- 16 Bed Unit, Inpatient Rehab Unit
- 30 to 40 new patients on average per month; Length of stay is
10 to 14 days
- Variety of patients that meet criteria for medial management
including Stroke, Traumatic and Non-Traumatic brain injuries, Ortho
patients and more!
- Close Knit, Team Oriented Unit with High expectations and
accountability; Specialized training and education for rehab
- Unit is in Top 10% of all facilities on PEM score (Quality
- Collects data and performs focused nursing assessments of the
health status of patients.
- Provides direct, evidence-based nursing care of assigned
patients as directed by the physician or RN. Assists with
procedures, monitoring, or other functions as directed.
- Performs lab and procedural tests within the LVN/LPN scope of
practice, after demonstraining compentency.
- Inserts and maintains, IVs, after meeting training requirements
and demonstrating compentecy.
- Adminsters prescribed medications to patients in accordance
with hospital policies and practice guidelines. Monitors patient
for therapeutic response. Notifies provider and intervenes as
appropriate in the event of an unintended response to
- Identifies potential nursing problems/changes in patient
status, informing appropriate team members.
- Escalates situations requiring care beyond the scope or
practice of an LVN/LPN.
- Reinforces education for patient and family based on the
individual needs of the customer.
- Documents the administration of care in the patient medical
record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the
principles of patient privacy and security of protected health
- Provides for the smooth processing of patients into and out of
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports to
the RN or CNC and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers
and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to
ensuring quality patient care.
- Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
- Facilitates the management of the day's scheduled
- Graduate of Vocational Nursing School Required
- Currently licensed as a vocational nurse or practical nurse in
the state(s) of practice, in accordance with law and regulation
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferredThe Centerpoint
hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and
technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to
patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused
on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer
service for our patients.The award-winning Independence hospital
has the area's most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid
Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the
optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and
deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you're
embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining
wellness, our women's services are, too, tailored around you.HCA
Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.We are a
family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications immediately for our Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse
opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for
interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of
caring!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.NoticeOur Company's
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence , Licensed Practical Nurse LPN Acute Rehab PRN, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!