Registered Nurse - PCU job in Independence, MO
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Progressive Care Unit (PCU) Registered Nurses care for patients
requiring close monitoring and frequent assessment.
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close
monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren't unstable enough
to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other
vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling
intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a
significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an
intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse,
telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro
stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient's medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and
treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and
interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in
accordance with guidelines established for Registered
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Independence , Registered Nurse - PCU job in Independence, MO, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!