Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC
Posted on: August 4, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY - PRN SLP - 3 day coverage Provides and directs
speech therapy services to residents, including assessment,
treatment, program planning and implementation, related
documentation, and communication. Functions under physician's
Responsibilities ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides speech therapy services to residents and initiates
referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Speech Therapy
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to
determine need for intervention/treatment.
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment
planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to residents,
family, and other team members.
- Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with
other team members.
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list,
including short and long-term goals and methods to achieve
- Coordinates treatment plan with resident, family and other team
- Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment
- Monitors resident's response to intervention and modifies
treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain
and enhance the performance of the resident in their own
- Documents results of resident's assessment, treatment,
follow-up and termination of services.
- Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the
- Recommends and obtains appropriate equipment to improve
patient's communication. Instructs patient, family and staff in use
of augmentative communication devices.
- Instructs patient, family and staff in appropriate
speech-language procedures or home program to allow carry-over of
therapeutic remediation and goals in daily activities.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Supervises students and volunteers.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services
delivered and of individual speech therapy programs for
effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in
coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Adheres to Speech Therapy Department procedures regarding
documentation of speech therapy services.
- Attends in-service meetings and facility meetings as
- Provides in-service education to members of the resident's care
team and education to the community.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and
- Records billable treatment times according to Speech Therapy
Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics to
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to
facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and
OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation,
planning, implementation and follow-up of resident therapy
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers,
residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining
acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications RECOMMENDED
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Certificate of Clinical Competency or eligibility for Clinical
- Current state licensure or license eligible.
- Regular attendance. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
These essential functions described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions
of a speech-language pathologist. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform
these essential functions. Physical requirements for this position
are classified as light under the Department of Labor
classification. The employee must be capable of exerting 20 pounds
of force occasionally (less than 1/3 of the time), and/or 10pounds
of force frequently (1/2 of the time), and/or a negligible amount
of force constantly (2/3 of the time) to move objects, equipment
and/or residents. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel,
bend or crouch; use hands to manipulate tools, equipment or
controls; reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform
medium to maximum transfer assists with residents. The employee is
required to have visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to
assess resident safety and ability. This position is classified as
a Category 1 for the purpose of exposure determination under the
OSHA Regulations regarding the Standard on Occupational Exposure to
Blood borne Pathogens (29CFR 1910.1030). Category 1 is defined as
all procedures or job- related tasks that involve an inherent risk
for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or
tissues, or a potential for spills and/or splashes of blood or body
fluids. The use of protective equipment and measures is required
for every employee engaged in Category 1 tasks.
Keywords: Encore Rehabilitation Services, LLC, Independence , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Warrensburg, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!