Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN Emergency Services
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a Clinical Nurse Coordinator you want in your current role? We
invest in what matters most to nurses like you - at home, at work,
and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity
for you to join Centerpoint Medical Center which is a part of the
nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Healthcare.BenefitsCenterpoint Medical Center, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing.
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts.
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service).
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships).
- Colleague recognition program.
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
Centerpoint Medical Center!Job Summary and QualificationsThe
Clinical Nurse Coordinator ensures and delivers high quality,
patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit
during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of
the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates
nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures,
serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to
the organization's vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled
patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall
departmental performance.About this unit:
- 45 Bed Emergency Department.
- Level II Trauma Center, Certified Stroke and Heart Failure
- Average Daily Patients is 170 to 200.
- Busy and Fast paced ER.
- Strong cohesive team, that apply critical thinking skills &
problem solving techniques in a positive environment.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of a school of nursing. BSN preferred. Activity in
professional organizations encouraged.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in
accordance with law and regulation.
- BLS Certification required
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire date
- Trauma Nursing Pediatric Course(ENPC) required within 1 year of
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course(ENPC) required within 1 year
of hire dates
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of
his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is
preferred.Continuing demonstration of clinical and leadership
competency. Commitment and understanding of staffing
- Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives
and positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the standards
of nursing practice.
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a 285+ bed hospital featuring
state-of-the-art equipment and technology. Our hospital offers some
of the latest clinical services available to patients. We remain
focused on providing compassionate care and top-notch customer
service for our patients. We offer many features for visitors,
including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting
areas, and wireless internet access. We are a Level II Trauma
Center with 24/7 emergency services and an accredited Chest Pain
Center. Our Orthopedic Services include Total Joints and Sports
Medicine. We are an accredited Cancer Program and Breast Center. We
provide Women's Services, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,
and a Stroke Center. Our Outpatient Services include a Surgery
Center, Advanced Wound Care Center, Pain Center, Sleep Disorder
Center, Imaging, and Rehab. We are part of HCA Midwest Health, a
network of hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If this opportunity is your next step in
your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Nurse
Coordinator RN Emergency Services opening. We review all
applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of
our team. We are interviewing apply today!We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: Nurse.com, Independence , Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN Emergency Services, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!