Medical Technologist ASCP
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Description Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical
Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join Centerpoint Medical Center, a facility
that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare. At CPMC, we want to ensure your needs are
met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and
vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Paid Personal Leave
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Medical Technologist where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! About this unit:
- Great team environment.
- Interactive mentoring among employees.
- Employees appreciated and empowered to participate in
department decisions. Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the Section Manager/Operations
Manager/Lead Technologist/registered Medical Technologist performs
preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties,
data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing.
- Performs waived, moderate complexity, and high complexity
testing on blood and body fluids as defined by clia 1988.
- Performs post analytic testing responsibilities including test
reporting and verification.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators,
freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits and interpersonal
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree in medical technology or related science
required OR Bachelor degree and certification in subspecialty area
OR "Grandfathered" as a medical technologist by CLIA 88.
- MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA), or as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP),
I(ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required
or must obtain ASCP certification within first 180 days of
- No experience required. The Centerpoint hospital features 285
beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the
latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our
high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing
compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our
patients. The award-winning Independence hospital has the area's
most-awarded heart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive
a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for
adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to
their illness. And whether you're embracing motherhood, seeking
treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women's services
are, too, tailored around you. HCA Healthcare has been continually
named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In
2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses. If you are looking for an opportunity that
provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Medical Technologist opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today! We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Independence , Medical Technologist ASCP, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!