Nurse Internship HCA Hospitals
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to be appreciated daily? Our
nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for
patients. At HCA Midwest Health Hospitals our nurses set us apart
from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Nurse
Internship HCA Hospitals to join our healthcare family.Only 1
application is needed to be considered for all opportunities within
our 7 Hospitals with HCA Midwest Health. BenefitsHCA Healthcare,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
At HCA Healthcare, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every
nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own
personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career
destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the
career path that fits their life - for life - and empowers their
passion for patient care. Apply today for our Nurse Internship HCA
Hospitals opportunity.Job Summary and QualificationsJob Summary and
- The Nurse Extern delivers high quality, patient-centered care
by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services
related to common nursing functions and activities of daily
- Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse
Extern assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in
accordance with the Nurse Extern's skills/training and the needs of
the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with
maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care
- The Nurse Extern is currently enrolled and in good standing in
an accredited school of nursing and can perform higher-level
procedures once competency is achieved.
- Flexible Schedule with opportunity to earn shadow time on
- Post orientation and clinical skills check off, nursing
students receive hands on experience working with a Registered
nurse performing more nursing skills.
- Opportunity to interview early for Graduate Nurse
- Apply Now to continue a conversation with a recruiter today on
how we can continue to support you! What qualifications you will
- Actively enrolled in an Accredited Nursing Program, with
completion of Nursing Fundamentals or Active C.N.A license in the
State of Kansas and/ or Missouri depending on which hospital you
are interested in.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Join a family that cares about every
stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Nurse
Internship HCA Hospitals opening. Apply today and a member of our
Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Independence , Nurse Internship HCA Hospitals, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!