ER Clinical Nurse Coordinator
Company: Centerpoint Medical Center
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Description Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real
impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving
over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at
Centerpoint Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real
impact. As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator you can be a part of
change. Benefits Centerpoint Medical Center, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on incomeThe
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality,
patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the
unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with
other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors,
and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established
policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and
models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to
support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes
that contribute to overall departmental performance. About this
- 45 Bed Emergency Department.
- Level II Trauma Center, Certified Stroke and Heart Failure
- Average Daily Patients is 170 to 200.
- Busy and Fast paced ER.
- Strong cohesive team, that apply critical thinking skills &
problem-solving techniques in a positive environment.
- Under the general supervision of the unit's director or
designee the CNC assumes responsibility for direction and
coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated
- In collaboration with other members of the management team,
this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the
quality of patient care services provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all
functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in
necessary education of individual members of the nursing
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on
Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative
Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the
unit, in collaboration with other members of the management
- This position supports the mission of Centerpoint Medical
Center of optimizing quality of life of all those served by
expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the
needs of the whole person. Qualifications:
- Graduate of a school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in
Missouri and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with
law and regulation.
- BLS Certification required.
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire date.
- Trauma Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) required within 1 year
of hire date.
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) required within 1
year of hire dates.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of
his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved). "There is so much good
to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence , ER Clinical Nurse Coordinator, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!