Registered Nurse (RN) Sepsis Coordinator - FT days
Company: Centerpoint Medical Center
Posted on: March 14, 2019
SHIFT: No Weekends
Centerpoint Medical Center - Independence, MO
Registered Nurse (RN) - Sepsis Coordinator - FT days
Join Centerpoint Medical Center - recently named to Nurse.org list of "Best Hospitals for Nurses to work in Missouri"!
Centerpoint Medical Center, the largest healthcare provider serving Eastern Jackson County, and part of HCA Midwest Health-Kansas City's leading healthcare provider-was recently named to Nurse.org's list, "Best Hospitals for Nurses to Work in Missouri." Nurse.org, the leading career website, collected 1,118 workplace satisfaction surveys of nurses from 107 Missouri hospitals over the past two years. The data from the reviews revealed that Centerpoint Medical Center has one of the highest levels of job satisfaction among its nurses.
Centerpoint Medical Center earned a 4.1-star rating because 100 percent of nurses who responded recommended the hospital as an employer and also cited positives like supportive coworkers, flexible scheduling and competitive pay.
Centerpoint Medical Center is an ANCC Pathway Excellence Designated hospital!
The Pathway to Excellence Program-- recognizes health care organizations and long term care institutions for positive practice environments where nurses excel. Nurses trust that Pathway-designated organizations respect nursing contributions, support professional development and nurture optimal practice environments. Communities want satisfied nurses because they are better equipped to deliver higher quality care.
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more. Centerpoint Medical Center has increased it's tuition reimbursement amount to $5250 per calendar year! Ask about our new Student Loan Repayment Program benefit!
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women's Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- Learn More About Being a Registered Nurse (RN) at Centerpoint Medical Center: The Sepsis Coordinator will possess a minimum of three years of Critical Care, and/or ED experience with a solid grasp of hemodynamics. The sepsis coordinator is a health care professional who works in collaboration with the medical and hospital staff to provide multidisciplinary care to the septic patient. The Coordinator provides clinical, professional expertise for patients, families and staff members. The coordinator will collect and analyze data surrounding the sepsis patients to assist with documentation, coding, clinical care, and outcomes. Facilitates development and refines the sepsis protocol to become the standard of care within the facility, while providing and participating in the quality improvement process. Ability to problem-solve, and seeks assistance from team members when necessary. Applies good verbal and nonverbal skills to achieve service goals of customer service and satisfaction. Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary team to achieve productive movement of the best practices within the organization. Maintains active involvement in nursing and hospital committees as necessary. Must be flexible and service oriented with strong decision making skills.
Responsibilities for this position include:
Coordination of the Sepsis Program.
Ensure Early Goal Directed Therapy requirements are met.
Responsible for outcomes measurement for selected population and monitoring of
Assess educational needs in designated Nursing departments and assisting in the development of educational programs, presentations and staff educational materials.
Instruct identified skills in both formal and informal settings.
Provide data and trends to meet performance improvement initiatives.
Modify and update existing educational programs as appropriate.
Serve as a role model and resource to nursing staff and nursing students in the acquisition of knowledge and skills.
Teach assigned classes as necessary for the position.
Other duties as the Director of Performance Improvement assigns.
Minimum Requirements :
Graduated from accredited school of nursing, BSN or Advanced Degree preferred.
Licensure/Certifications: Current MO RN license. Current BLS and ACLS required.
Experience: Minimum of three years acute critical care/ED nursing experience.
Keywords: Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence , Registered Nurse (RN) Sepsis Coordinator - FT days, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!