Charge Nurse (RN) Emergency Room - Weekend Option mid-shift
Posted on: May 16, 2019
Centerpoint Medical Center - Independence, MO
Charge Nurse (RN) - Emergency Room - Weekend Option mid-shift
Join Centerpoint Medical Center - recently named to Nurse.org list
of "Best Hospitals for Nurses to work in Missouri"!
Centerpoint Medical Center, the largest healthcare provider serving
Eastern Jackson County, and part of HCA Midwest Health-Kansas
City's leading healthcare provider-was recently named to
Nurse.org's list, "Best Hospitals for Nurses to Work in Missouri."
Nurse.org, the leading career website, collected 1,118 workplace
satisfaction surveys of nurses from 107 Missouri hospitals over the
past two years. The data from the reviews revealed that Centerpoint
Medical Center has one of the highest levels of job satisfaction
among its nurses.
Centerpoint Medical Center earned a 4.1-star rating because 100
percent of nurses who responded recommended the hospital as an
employer and also cited positives like supportive coworkers,
flexible scheduling and competitive pay.
Centerpoint Medical Center is an ANCC Pathway Excellence Designated
The Pathway to Excellence Program® recognizes health care
organizations and long term care institutions for positive practice
environments where nurses excel. Nurses trust that
Pathway-designated organizations respect nursing contributions,
support professional development and nurture optimal practice
environments. Communities want satisfied nurses because they are
better equipped to deliver higher quality care.
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 private rooms,
state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest
clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech
services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care
and the best possible customer service for our patients. In
addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including
sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas,
wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County)
with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast
Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine
disorders as well as injuries
- Women's Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound
care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- Tuition reimbursement and student loan forgiveness program
- The department treats all persons coming to the hospital asking
for emergency care regardless of age, race, socio-economic status
or ability to pay.
- It is responsible for the immediate medical screening and
treatment of any medical or surgical emergency, for initiating
life-saving interventions in all types of emergency situations, and
for providing medical screening and emergency care for other
conditions including chronic medical problems, minor injuries and
- Major surgery, routine inpatient care, outpatient procedures,
and the use of general anesthesia are not within the scope of
treatment permitted in the ED.
- The role of the Charge Nurse is to oversee the daily operations
of the department including maintaining optimal patient flow.
- This will be done with the support and oversight of the
Director and Assistant Director.
- This person should provide input regarding staffing pattern
changes which may be needed.
- The charge nurse will also perform patient care as needed in
times of high patient census or acuity.
- The Charge Nurse, as with all Registered Nurses, provides
therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of
the patient, and in support of the mission of the hospital.
Keywords: HCA., Independence , Charge Nurse (RN) Emergency Room - Weekend Option mid-shift, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!