Charge Nurse (RN) Emergency Room
Company: Centerpoint Medical Center
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Weekends Only
Centerpoint Medical Center Independence, MO Charge Nurse (RN)
Emergency Room - Weekend Option Nights
**Ask about sign on bonus and relocation assistance for qualified
nurses Are you looking for a company that places integrity over
their bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded
on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to
serving others in need.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare
provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at
locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our
community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere s most
ethical company s in the world since 2010. In recent years, HCA
spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 private rooms,
state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest
clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech
services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care
and the best possible customer service for our patients. In
addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including
sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas,
wireless internet access throughout the facility and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status. Centerpoint Medical
Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County)
with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast
Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine
disorders as well as injuries
- Women s Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound
care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your
family s needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage
plans that meet your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll
in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and
childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition
reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
- **Sign on bonus of up to $10,000 available for RN's with over 1
year of current RN ER experience. Up to $7500 relocation assistance
available for RN's moving from out of state with at least 1 year of
current RN ER experience. Current HCA employees are not eligible
for the sign on bonus.Relocating to Kansas City? Learn more about
what Kansas City has to offer:
- The department treats all persons coming to the hospital asking
for emergency care regardless of age, race, socio-economic status
or ability to pay.
- It is responsible for the immediate medical screening and
treatment of any medical or surgical emergency, for initiating
life-saving interventions in all types of emergency situations, and
for providing medical screening and emergency care for other
conditions including chronic medical problems, minor injuries and
- Major surgery, routine inpatient care, outpatient procedures,
and the use of general anesthesia are not within the scope of
treatment permitted in the ED.
- The role of the Charge Nurse is to oversee the daily operations
of the department including maintaining optimal patient flow.
- This will be done with the support and oversight of the
Director and Assistant Director.
- This person should provide input regarding staffing pattern
changes which may be needed.
- The charge nurse will also perform patient care as needed in
times of high patient census or acuity.
- The Charge Nurse, as with all Registered Nurses, provides
therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of
the patient, and in support of the mission of the hospital.
Youcontribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients lives andyou have the opportunity to make a difference. We
are looking for dedicatedprofessional like you to be a part of our
ER team. Joinus in our efforts to better our
- Graduation from a school of nursing required.
- Current Missouri RN licensure required.
- BCLS, ACLS and TNCC within one year of hire date.
- ENPC or PALS within 18 months of hire date.
- Must have at least 2 years of current RN ER experience to be
considered for this Charge Nurse Weekend Option night position.
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care, ccu,
intensive, intensive care unit, recovery, registered nurse, staff
Keywords: Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence , Charge Nurse (RN) Emergency Room, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!