Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit
Company: Centerpoint Medical Center
Posted on: September 12, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Centerpoint Medical Center - Independence, MO
Registered Nurse (RN) - Progressive Care Unit - FT days
Ask about sign on bonus for qualified nurses and relocation
assistance for RN's relocating from out of state!
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their
bottom line? Here at HCA, our everyday decisions are founded on
compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to
serving others in need.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare
provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at
locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our
community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most
ethical company's in the world since 2010. In recent years, HCA
spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 private rooms,
state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest
clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech
services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care
and the best possible customer service for our patients. In
addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including
sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas,
wireless internet access throughout the facility and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
* Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County)
with 24/7 Emergency Services
* An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular
* Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports
* An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center
with a nurse navigator
* Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine
disorders as well as injuries
* Women's Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and
* Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound
care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
* We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your
family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage
plans that meet your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll
in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and
childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition
reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
* Up to $10,000 sign on bonus for experienced RN's with at least 1
year of current PCU, ICU or Telemetry experience. Relocation
assistance of up to $7500 available for qualified experienced
candidates relocating from out of state. Current HCA employees are
not eligible for the sign on bonus. The candidate must sign a 2
year work commitment to qualify for the sign on & relocation
Relocating to Kansas City? Learn more about what Kansas City has to
* The registered nurse coordinates and provides therapeutic and
administrative services necessary for the care of the PCU
* Nursing care is provided in accordance with the hospital and
departmental policies and procedures, and supports the mission of
* The registered nurse in this department provides care for ages 16
and over, young adult patients 18-39 years, adult patients age
40-64 years, and geriatric patients age 65 and older.
* Patients under the age of 16 will be cared for until stable
enough for transfer.
* The registered nurse on the PCU Unit will, in addition to basic
preparation, acquire advanced knowledge in the psychosocial,
spiritual, pathophysiological, and therapeutic components specific
to the care of the patients requiring step-down care and cardiac
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of
our Progressive Care Unit team. Join us in our efforts to better
* Graduation from a school of nursing with either a Diploma, ADN or
* Must hold a current license from the Missouri State Board of
* BLS certification upon hire
* ACLS certification with 6 months - 1 year.
Keywords: Centerpoint Medical Center, Independence , Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!