Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Oncology Unit - PRN
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Description SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Centerpoint Medical Center Independence, MO Registered Nurse (RN)
Medical Oncology Unit- PRN Centerpoint Medical Center - HCA
Healthcare places a premium on superior nursing care because it
differentiates us and drives our ability to deliver excellent
patient outcomes. We are committed to being a desirable career
destination by investing in our nurses and helping them develop
professionally and individually. To support nurses as they care for
and about patients, we consistently invest in technologies, capital
improvements, infrastructure and clinical education. We also
prioritize our focus on safety, quality and experiencethe three
things that matter most to our patients. If we continue to do all
of these things, we will continue to make HCA Healthcare a place
where nurses want to be and a place where our nurses can create
healthier tomorrows for every patient we serveand for each other as
well. Centerpoint Medical Center is an ANCC Pathway Excellence
Designated hospital! The Pathway to Excellence Program recognizes
health care organizations and long term care institutions for
positive practice environments where nurses excel. Nurses trust
that Pathway-designated organizations respect nursing
contributions, support professional development and nurture optimal
practice environments. Communities want satisfied nurses because
they are better equipped to deliver higher quality care.
Centerpoint Medical Center features 285 private rooms,
state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest
clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech
services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care
and the best possible customer service for our patients. In
addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including
sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas,
wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County)
with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast
Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine
disorders as well as injuries
- Womens Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care
Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound
care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- Under the general direction of the Clinical Manager/Director,
coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual
responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing
- Nursing care is provided in accordance with hospital policies
and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA
Standards of Practice, and the generic and unit structure
- The Registered Nurse in this department provides care for
adolescent patients age 16 and up, young adult patients age 18-39,
adult patients age 40-64, and geriatric patients age 65 and older.
- Graduation from a school of nursing required.
- Current Missouri RN license required.
- BLS certification.
- Chemotherapy certification within one year of employment
- Must have at least 1 full year of current RN Med/Surg
experience to be considered for this PRN position.
Keywords: HCA., Independence , Registered Nurse (RN) Medical Oncology Unit - PRN, Healthcare , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!