Team Leader, Data Modeling
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Team Leader: Data Modeling - US Remote Eligible
Our company is seeking a talented individual to lead our data
modelers in working with Product teams in delivering information
solutions. As a leader you will manage the data modeling team's
workload and work to ensure Product team's solutioning efforts have
the data modeling support they require. The data modeling team will
assist with the analysis, design, and implementation of information
solutions. Team members will work closely with data stewards, data
architects, business architects, solution architects, and DBA's to
capture business requirements in logical data models and ensure the
logical models map to the physical data model.
To ensure success as a data modeling team leader, you should have
experience in successfully leading teams along with excellent
communication skills and in-depth knowledge of 3NF and dimensional
logical data modeling methods.
- Align team activities, strategies, responsibilities and
objectives with the firm's strategic direction.
- Lead the data modeling team in ensuring proper execution and
quality of data modeling services delivered to Product teams
- Analyzing and translating business requirements into conceptual
and fully detailed logical data models.
- Creating logical data models based on existing applications and
- Contributing to ongoing updates to data modeling standards and
- Working with business architects, data architects, and data
stewards to capture business requirements in a Logical Data
- Contributing to assessment of appropriate data platform(s) for
- Evaluating implemented application databases for variances from
- Evaluating physical data models to ensure they align to the
corresponding logical data models.
- Develop and execute on-going improvements for processes related
to the team (e.g. resource management and support processes).
- Provide leadership, development, and mentoring to associates
through examples and timely feedback.
- Understand the team's processes, methods, and
- Establish and maintain effective communications and
relationships across teams.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leading teams.
- Hands-on experience with 3NF logical, dimensional, and physical
- Knowledge of:
- Metadata management and related tools.
- Relational and document database technologies.
- Business process modeling preferred.
- Physical data modeling for document stores preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication and
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Independence , Team Leader, Data Modeling, Hospitality & Tourism , Warrensburg, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!