Mobile Crisis Specialist (Independence / KC area) - $1,000 Sign on bonus
Company: Burrell Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Job Description: MOBILE CRISIS SPECIALIST
Kansas City / Independence $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS JOB SUMMARY: In
accordance with agency Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals, provides
services to persons experiencing mental health crisis. The Mobile
Crisis Specialist II is on-call, is mobile, and works as a team
member with other staff within the Crisis department to provide
face to face crisis assessments or telephone crisis intervention
when deemed appropriate. JOB DUTIES:
- Provides needed on-call/mobile coverage determined by their
work schedule. Will be available for consultation to members of the
mobile crisis team when support is requested.
- Receives calls from ACI Crisis Line or Crisis Services
Leadership and conducts telephone or face to face assessments when
- Communicates with other Crisis Team staff members when backup
is needed and accesses other necessary community or ACI resources
- Assess for risk and coordinate the individual's needs during
crises: facilitate access to appropriate crisis services, assists
with coordinating hospitalization for individuals when appropriate,
or assists with connecting with other appropriate resources.
Complete a safety plan with individuals as necessary.
- Understand how to work with area law enforcement and emergency
medical personnel to the benefit of the individual and their
- Maintain good communication with both internal programs and
external community partners to provide access and/or referrals to
services as needed.
- Have knowledge of signs and symptoms of mental illness in
children and adults in order to effectively serve individuals in
- Be able to navigate the legal system with regard to custody and
guardianship issues with children and families in order to provide
the best care in the least restrictive environment.
- Have knowledge of the involuntary commitment process.
- Maintains proper and timely documentation to ensure compliance
and/or reporting to DMH, BBH, and other concerned entities.
- Follows all agency policies and procedures including emergency
and corporate compliance policies and procedures 100% of the
- Attend scheduled conference calls, webinars, face-to-face
meetings/trainings, and individual and group supervision.
- Master's Degree in a behavioral health or related field, have
completed a practicum, or have one (1) year of experience in a
behavioral health field
- Special Skills: knowledge and skills in assessing, triaging,
and treating suicidality; crisis intervention; effective oral and
written communication skills; problem solving/decision
making/clinical judgment; time management; computer/electronic
medical record knowledge
What we offer: Great pay, great schedule, great benefits, and an
amazing culture of inclusiveness and positivity. Burrell's
dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion
is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our
agency. Diversity is more than a commitment at Burrell-it is the
foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating
characteristics that make us different. We are an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourage applications from
all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status,
or to other non-work related factors. Burrell is a Smoke and
Tobacco Free Workplace.
Keywords: Burrell Behavioral Health, Independence , Mobile Crisis Specialist (Independence / KC area) - $1,000 Sign on bonus, IT / Software / Systems , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!