Food Safety & QA Manager
Company: Americold Logistics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns
and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We
have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career
opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors
to accounting, administration, business development, customer
support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Manage and oversee the development, implementation, review,
monitoring, verification, validation, and auditing of the Food
Safety and Total Quality Management systems, including the Food
Safety Fundamentals and Food Safety Plan. Ensure compliance to
applicable food safety, customer, quality, and regulatory
requirements. A commitment to developing the best team through
sound people strategies.
Take appropriate action to facilitate the development and
implementation of and maintain the integrity of the Food Safety and
Total Quality Management system across the assigned geographical
location (district, facilities, etc.). Provide support to
Operations through coaching and management to enable them to
effectively lead food safety, quality and regulatory compliance
Manage, validate, and verify activities outlined in governmental
Food Standards Code (e.g. USDA, FDA, or country equivalent) and
other associated food safety standards / guides (e.g. Woolworth's,
Safe Quality Food (SQF), Import/Export) are being performed within
assigned business unit Responsible for assisting in identifying key
food safety, quality, health, and sanitation training needs.
Ensures closure of food safety and quality concerns and verifies
hold process is properly implemented at the sites in partnership
with site and local / regional Inventory Control personnel. Assists
in development and implementation of the sanitation program at the
facilities. Assist site senior management in establishing and
implementing continuous improvement processes to improve the
effectiveness of the food safety and Total Quality Management
program. Other duties as requested.
Minimum Qualifications/Additional Skills:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
- Bachelor degree (or in-country equivalent) in science-related
- Minimum of 5-8 years' experience working in a USDA or FDA (or
equivalent in-country regulatory agency) food manufacturing or
distribution environment (multi-site responsibility preferred)
- Sound knowledge of relevant food safety legislation, industry
best practices, and hazard/risk management principles
- Experience with Export Programs is desirable
- Experience with internal auditing for food safety compliance -
ASQ certification a plus (e.g. Certified Quality Auditor, Certified
Quality Engineer, HACCP Auditor), or equivalent
- Completed a HACCP training course.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Experience developing, implementing and maintaining SQF (or
equivalent) certification and HACCP plans.
- Ability to critically analyze processes and procedures to
identify and assess potential food safety hazards, quality and
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
- Ability to negotiate and influence site management in issue
- Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet
- Demonstrates planning, task organizing and execution
- Ability to move between changing working environments, and
prioritize conflicting demands.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and the
ability to effectively deal with a variety of individuals.
- Strong customer service skills and proven ability to work with
both internal and external customers at all levels
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be
comfortable in a high volume environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. To perform the essential functions of this position, the
associate may spend approximately 70% of available time in the
field (warehouses) with site management. Reasonable accommodation
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.
- Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
- Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
- Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
- Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of
completing assigned tasks
- May require visiting facility operations in temperatures at or
- May carry loads and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or
moves objects weighing up to 10 pounds
- Requires the use of various electronic tools
- Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete
objectives or to attend meetings
- Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Requires the performance of work activities including
reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with
others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold Logistics, Independence , Food Safety & QA Manager, Other , Chillicothe, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!