Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a growing
organization that cares about you? We are looking for people who
want to join a great team. We are offering top pay, excellent
benefits and growth potential!
Who is Harmar? We manufacture wheelchair lifts for automobiles,
stair lifts for the home, and residential and commercial vertical
platform lifts. We see to deals and to the government. Ultimately
our products give people access to their homes and allow them to
become more mobile. We say, "We Life Lives" and when we do it just
- Ability to conceptualize new design then follow through to
completion including all key product design stages: concept,
design, technical drawings, prototype review, managing costs,
sourcing, and launch.
- Responsible for developing the mechanical and
electro-mechanical systems for lift products.
- Specific responsibilities include definition, documentation,
prototyping, testing and debugging, qualification, and release to
production of reliable and cost-effective solutions.
- Evaluate and optimize product concepts for function (e.g., fit,
function, interference, etc.), manufacturability, packaging and
- Review/Approve finalized engineering product drawings with
critical dimensions, performance specifications, GD&T and
quality specifications (standards and test procedures).
- Generate product prototypes, perform product testing and ensure
that new products function properly, meet specifications, and
- Develop and evaluate cost analysis for new and modified product
concepts from design through production launch to maximize product
value. Assist in the process of bringing the product to mass
- Work on special projects as assigned such as evaluating
competitive product, evaluating structure of vehicles related to
lift mounting, new processes and technologies.
- Provides support for our Technical Service team to solve
mechanical and electromechanical product quality problems with
- Responsible for new development to meet safety compliance
requirements (FDA, CE, UL, FCC and others) and coordinate product
- Work on selection and standardization of key components.
- Work with resources that maintain engineering documentation
such as bills of material, procedures and other types of
engineering documentation in PDM system.
- Plan and develop test plans and coordinate with internal
testing resources and ensure the quality of testing and
- Conducts engineering studies on design for products, associated
and subsystems components, and structures.
- Analyzes data to determine feasibility of product
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets
functional and performance specifications.
- Studies engineering and technical publications to keep abreast
of technological changes and developments in industry.
- Schedule, Cost, and Quality of new product development projects
or existing products within Harmars Mobility Lift products.
- Work is preformed primarily in a climate-controlled office
environment with some exposure to non-climate controlled warehouse
and outside testing. While performing the duties of this job, the
associate will need the ability to lift and carry loads up to 50
- 5+ years Engineering experience.
- Design and development experience in mechanical and
- CAD experience with strong SolidWorks or Pro-E/Creo.
- Design control experience through design and process
verification and validation.
- Understanding and experience in product design and development
such as Design for Test (DFT), Design for Manufacturability (DFM),
DFMEA/PFMEA, FEA, GD&T, Risk Analysis and root cause
- Experience indicating strong planning/organizational skills
with a demonstrated ability to manage projects, multi-task and set
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering
- MS Office products - Required: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power
- Metrology tools: Calipers, Scales, Gages, Micro-Vu, Romer,
- Machining capabilities a plus: Mill, Lathe, Saw, etc.
- Knowledge of motor vehicles a plus: sedans, vans, trucks,
Excellent Benefit Package after 90 days: Medical, Dental,
Vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, PPE Reimbursement, Gym
Reimbursement and after six months 401(K) matching program.
Seven Major Holidays paid, Bonus Potential, Annual Merit
Increase, 2 Weeks Paid Vacation and 3 Sick/Personal Days
Keywords: Harmar, Independence , Engineer, Other , greenwood, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!