Occupational Therapy Assistant COTA Full-Time
Company: Therapy Management Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join one of the top therapy providers in the US as we
revolutionize the industry! As a certified occupational therapy
assistant at TMC, you will contribute to and implement
individualized plans of care under the supervision of licensed
therapists. You will work as an integral part of the
interprofessional team to provide education to patients, families,
and staff and assist in all levels of care planning and
transitions. We believe in a proactive approach to intervention
that focuses on the unique role of rehabilitation in the prevention
of declines and complications before they happen, as well as the
utilization of evidence-based approaches to care that deliver
superior patient outcomes. TMC has ample opportunities for growth
for both clinical skills and leadership development.
- Assists with data collection and evaluation, as allowed, under
the supervision of an OTR.
- Under the supervision of a license occupational therapist,
performs clinical functions: screens, execution of treatment plans,
and delivery of treatment in accordance with Medicare and state
guidelines, as well as facility and TMC policies and procedures as
well as modifies treatment approaches and adapts interventions
according to the resident's needs.
- Communicates and interacts with other team members and the
individual's family, or caregivers in collaborations with an
- Maintains treatment area, equipment, and supply inventory as
- Maintains records and documentation required by work settings
under the supervision of an OTR.
- Terminates services formulating discontinuation and follow-up
plans when maximum benefit is received under the supervision of an
- Maintains records required by practice setting, third-party
payers, and regulatory agencies under the supervision of an
- Provides in-service education to team members and the community
especially in the area of established service competency under the
supervision of an OTR.
- Participates in professional and community activities.
- Functions according to the AOTA Code of Ethics (AOTA, 1988) and
Standards of Practice (AOTA, 1992) of the profession.
- Participates in organizational activities and committees.
- Communicates with patient's physician as necessary regarding
patient's progress, treatments, etc., in consultation with the
- Contributes to program planning and development in
collaboration with an OTR.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Current certification with The National Board for Certification
in Occupational Therapy, Inc. if required by state
- Licensed by the State in the designated geographic area in
his/her respective therapy profession.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform the following tasks without
posing a threat to the health or safety of him/herself, co-workers,
caregivers, or patient; lift, turn, move position, and transport
the patient into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs,
- Demonstrates the ability to perform a minimum of minimal assist
transfer. Minimal assist transfers are defined for purposes of this
document as the ability to lift and control 50 pounds.
TMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Therapy Management Corporation, Independence , Occupational Therapy Assistant COTA Full-Time, Other , Higginsville, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!