Company: JVM Group
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Service Technician II - Eastland Trails
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the
responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Service
Technician ll. It should be noted that some responsibilities and
duties may not be specifically addressed.
Brief Position Description: The primary responsibilities of the
Service Technician ll are to perform maintenance service requests,
apartment make readies and assist the Community Manager and Service
Supervisor/Service Manager, if applicable, in maintaining the
physical appearance and integrity of the community. This involves
insuring a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for
residents and visitors. The Service Technician ll will also walk
the community in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal and
to ensure that all apartments are thoroughly restored to market
ready condition in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts all business in accordance with and knowledge of
pertinent local, state, and federal safety laws, procedures,
guidelines, including those of the EPA, OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing,
- Regularly walks the community to identify potential issues
needing attention and either addresses the issue or alerts his/her
supervisor of the issue and recommends potential solutions.
- Identifies and performs maintenance needs in apartments which
may include the following:
- Inspect, repair or replace lights and change breakers.
- Inspect, repair or replace windows, latches, screens, hinges,
sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, etc.
- Inspect, repair, replace or remove appliances.
- Inspect, repair or replace faucets, sink plugs, tiles in
kitchens and bathrooms.
- Operate a hand rodder for plumbing back ups and inspect, repair
or replace water heaters.
- Repair drywall, prep and paint.
- Inspect, repair or replace ceiling fans, light fixtures,
- Change locks
- Hang and plumb doors.
- Replace flooring with VCT and sheet vinyl.
- Inspect and change A/C filters.
- Clean and maintain maintenance shop and storage areas, ensuring
these areas remain locked when not in use.
- Perform other types of repairs/maintenance as requested by the
- Inspect apartment homes, interior and exterior conditions of
the buildings and grounds to perform routine, preventative
maintenance completing the JVM 8point preventative maintenance
- Complete service requests within 48 hours.
- Complete apartment make ready turn within 5-8 business days,
completing the move-in and move-out inspection form.
- Clean and maintain pool conditions and test pool chemical
- Is aware of the location for all utility meter shut-offs,
apartment and fixture shut-offs, and sewer cleanouts.
- Perform "trash-out" of vacated apartments and remove all
abandoned furniture, trash, boxes, etc.
- Attends or completes training courses and complies with all
company safety rules. Immediately reports all unsafe conditions to
Statement of Expectation:
JVM associates make a commitment to residents, fellow associates
and JVMs business partners to consistently deliver a superior
customer experience. All associates are expected to demonstrate
Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Professionalism, and
Accountability, which are JVMs Core Values. JVM associates work
hard and have high standards. They align themselves with JVMs
vision: to be an industry leader and the preferred choice for
residents, associates and investors, recognized for the service we
deliver, opportunities we create and the values by which we
Requirements of Position:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must understand and be able to read the English language
- Two (2) years property management maintenance experience
- Experienced in electrical, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry.
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety features for equipment,
machinery, tools or materials.
- Excellent customer service skills and good written and oral
- Ability to perform effectively as a member of a small community
team, taking direction from supervisor(s).
- High level of initiative and ability to complete tasks assigned
efficiently and completely.
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a thorough
and prompt manner.
- Must pass the physical exam administered at the medical
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, some weekends and on-call after
hours emergency work.
Equipment/Machinery/Tools: Equipment/Machinery/Tools: All
maintenance employees are expected to own the following tools
listed in the minimum tool requirement section outlined below. In
addition to the tool requirement, an appropriate tool box, tool bag
or tool pouch must be carried.
Minimum Tool Requirement: Hammer, Phillips screwdrivers #s 1, 2,
3,standard screwdrivers 1/8, 1/4, 5/16, nut Drivers 1/4, 5/16, 3/8,
combination wrenches 1/4 7/8 , adjustable wrenches 8 & 10, Allen
wrench set, 2 pipe wrenches (16 minimum), complete socket set (3/8
or 1/2), cordless drill (minimum 12 volt), set of drill bits 1/16
to 1/2", tape measure 25, channel locks, vise grips, standard
pliers, needle nose pliers, hacksaw, electrical tester (voltmeter),
circular hand saw, taping knifes 2 & 6, small level.
Driving and Traveling Requirements: Must have a valid drivers
license and automobile insurance for personal vehicle
transportation throughout the community to complete apartment home
inspections and repairs or to pick up replacement parts and
supplies from vendors, when approved by the supervisor.
Approximately, 10% of the time.
Certifications/Licenses: Type I & II Certification
Supervisory Responsibility: None
ADA Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Snow removal to include shoveling and snow blowing walk ways
and stairs in the community
- Must be able to perform outdoor job functions in all weather
conditions, approximately 25% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs, approximately10% of the
- Must be able to climb stairs, approximately 10% of the
- Must be able to walk the community grounds, approximately 15%
of the time
- Must be able to climb a ladder approximately 5% of the
JVM is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: JVM Group, Independence , Maintenance Technician, Other , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!