Landfill Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: Republic Services, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Operator - Heavy Equipment is responsible
for the safe operation of heavy equipment at a recycling center,
landfill or transfer station for the purpose of transferring,
spreading, covering, loading and/or compacting waste or soil in an
efficient and safe manner.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in
accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors
and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate
equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer,
front-end loader and other equipment using proper safety
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste
- Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure
it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean
tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more
complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
- Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as
necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the
completion of each shift.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule
and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of prior related experience in heavy equipment
- One year of prior experience working at sites regulated by
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Inc., Independence , Landfill Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Warrensburg, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!