Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Quality/Mission
Assurance Engineer for our location in Independence, MO.
Job Responsibilities: This position will provide Quality
Engineering and Mission Assurance support to Medium Caliber
Ammunition Production programs. This includes production line
support, supplier inspection and monitoring, identifying
contractual Quality requirements, preparing quality program plans,
inspection procedures and quality requirements flow-down, supplier
process monitoring, application of lean/six-sigma tools, drawing
reviews, customer interface/reports/submittals, and reviewing
product acceptance data.
Position may require travel up to 25% time domestically .
- Ensure compliance to contract quality requirements and
AS9100/ISO 9001 Quality System processes on development and
- Provide expertise and guidance to program teams and suppliers
on quality assurance, quality systems, tools, training, problem
solving, statistical analysis and continuous improvement. Apply
Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Monitor ballistic results to make recommendation on propellant
- Support and lead investigations between internal functions,
suppliers and customers. Provide assistance with technical
diagnosis of root cause analysis and implementation of corrective
actions with resolution of customer complaints or field failures.
Develop solutions as appropriate to eliminate the recurrence of the
- Work with Operations to initiate effective containment,
investigation, and countermeasure activities to prevent defect
outflow both in-house and to Customers.
- Plan and implement quality activities including writing product
inspection plans, initiating material review board actions,
resolving nonconforming material issues, and facilitating
- Perform on-site monitoring of manufacturing lines and supplier
production processes. Assess suppliers capabilities and conformance
to their Quality System
- Review drawings for inspection capability and conformance
Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances standards.
- Prepare documentation including quality code requisitions for
procuring material, incoming inspection procedures, and Contract
Data Requirement List (CDRL) data requirements.
- Evaluate manufacturing methods and inspection capabilities.
Provide quality input to manufacturing processes including
inspection and determining key characteristics.
- Perform statistical analysis on product yield/SPC/key
- Report status on tasks to program management, quality
management and customers.
- Review inspection and acceptance data to assess process
capability and product compliance.
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in a technical discipline
(Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality planning, tools and
analysis in a manufacturing environment OR minimum 5 years of
experience in applied engineering.
- Manufacturing background desired, familiarity with energetic
- Strong background in inspection equipment, techniques and
general knowledge of calibration
- Solid understanding of Drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and
- Solid Quality Tools skills (Statistics, DOE, FMEA, MSA)
- Experience in a highly-regulated environment
- Willingness to travel up to 25% domestically as required
(sometimes on short notice) .
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with
internal / external customers
- Efficient in computer skills
- Strong technical knowledge (mechanical manufacturing, tools,
- ASQ CQA, CQE or CQM a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Independence , Engineer, Other , independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!