Product Manager- Virtual Tax
Company: H&R Block
Posted on: September 9, 2021
What you'll do...
H&R Block is looking for a Product Manager -
Virtual Tax to reinvent our digital experiences. You will empower
customers through our Fintech startup focused on providing
financially vulnerable and coping consumers access to innovative
financial services. Financially backed by one of the largest
alternative financial services providers in the Americas, this
startup is well-positioned to disrupt the US financial services
industry for the underserved. The company is currently in
pre-launch and is expected to enter the market early-2022.
H&R Block is looking for a talented Product Manager - Virtual
Assisted Experience- to join the Digital Experience team. This
person will be responsible for delivering an outstanding experience
for consumers using virtual tax prep products.
As a Product Manager on the Client Experience team, you will be
- Work with the product leadership team to define the overall
product vision, strategies and roadmaps for virtual assisted tax
experiences including Digital Drop Off, Approve Online, and
- Ensure that product goals are accomplished and in line with
- Creating and ensuring delivery of consumer-facing product
interaction and implementation requirements and user stories to
meet specific consumer needs.
- Collaborate with development team to deliver user stories,
backlog prioritization and release planning that aligns with
overall product vision
- Meet with internal product sponsors, stakeholders, and
cross-functional team members to receive feedback on current
systems, processes, procedures and to identify and prioritize
- Manage goals, time frames, and funding limitations
- Establish processes to monitor business performance vs targets
and course correct, as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relentless in the pursuit of creating an outstanding client
experience that delights and amazes our customers.
- Own overall responsibility for the product roadmap,
corresponding backlog and associated metrics.
- Understand business goals and client research and data to
create hypotheses and define requirements for solving client pain
- Take an iterative approach to creating a client experience that
is focused on improving ease of use.
- Collaborate effectively across the enterprise to create
deliverables to meet product objectives and create alignment to
provide a seamless user experience
- Have ability to discuss technical issues at a high-level with
engineering and understand design implementation and impact.
- Review and analyze product metrics to inform strategic and
tactical product decisions
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also
- Tax or financial background
- Technical background or experience building products and
features that rely on one or two-way data communication with 3rd
- Experience or understanding of financial technologies
- Experience with OCR and intelligent content extraction
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in related area, or the equivalent through a
combination of education and work experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in product management and
product development methodologies with web-based and/or mobile
applications or equivalent. The ideal candidate will have
experience managing consumer-facing virtual products or products in
the software industry.
- Experience leading teams in a matrix management environment
with demonstrated record of establishing priorities and
- Passion for solving problems for customers and their tax
- Ability to think creatively.
- Very detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly grasp new areas of business and new
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem-solving
- Effective written and oral presentation and facilitation
skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of
internal associates and business partners to influence a wide range
Keywords: H&R Block, Independence , Product Manager- Virtual Tax, Other , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!