Advising Specialist II, CSG
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: June 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.The Client Strategies Group Division helps ensure that
branch teams and our clients have a consistent supply of
high-quality retirement, banking, insurance, mutual fund, and
education savings products aligned with the firm's investment
philosophy and solutions-based advice and guidance. In addition,
the group drives innovation that will enhance products, services,
processes and systems to meet our current and future client needs.
These areas play a pivotal role in supporting the firm's goals of
deeply serving clients and associates serve as the firm's subject
matter experts for their respective areas.
The Advising Specialist II serves as a technical subject matter
expert for the Advice & Guidance and Solutions area. Much of this
work requires a broad and deep understanding of the firm's A&G
- and the branch and client experience - in order to represent the
integrity of A&G throughout the firm. This role requires
informal people leadership through large firm initiatives and
formal thought leadership.
- Evaluate the firm's A&G content to ensure consistency and
alignment with oversight. Has an understanding of Edward Jones
business model, investment philosophy and values.
- Coordinate the process of updating and applying our A&G
(e.g. CMAs, white papers, strategy reports, diagnostics, portfolio
construction, etc.) through all firm delivery channels for
intermediate level projects.
- Serve as a SME for key stakeholders (Training, Service, CSG)
and branch teams to ensure the integrity of the A&G is upheld
through application and messaging.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders as the A&G SME throughout
the life cycle of projects, including planning, design and
implementation for intermediate level projects.
- Work in partnership with other firm areas (Service, Field
Supervision, Compliance, Legal, Operations) to problem-solve issues
that arise regarding application of firm A&G.
- For A&G topics, production issues and/or branch team
escalations, coordinate needed expertise from other A&G
- Monitor industry trends, competitors and regulatory changes.
Assess how those trends impact our business, messaging and the
application of our A&G.
- Achieve results with and through others, including training
others within the A&G & Solutions business.
The decisions in this position are medium/high in impact.
Associates must be able to apply seasoned judgment to situations,
and influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcome. Associates
work closely with associates and leaders across the firm. Many
decisions are moderately complex and impact client and branch
teams; the A&G Advising Specialist II will influence
recommendations, and may determine outcomes, depending on the scope
of the decision. They will also need to understand and communicate
the broad impact of potential decisions to associates, firm leaders
and other stakeholders as part of the decision-making process
(which they may help lead).
- Deep SME in at least one of the following or broad exposure and
understanding of all of the following - foundational knowledge of
investments, financial planning, financial planning topical area,
financial planning tool(s)
- Intermediate skills in some of the following areas:
- Systems Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Relationship building
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Project management
- Verbal and written communication
- Technical aptitude -knowledge of the following: firm's A&G,
investment products, portfolio construction, or one of the
financial planning concepts.
- Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor's degree; 3+ years of relevant financial services
- Series 7/66 required within 6 months of hire, consistent with
- Strongly prefer CFA or strong investment experience with Level
1 CFA designation. CFP, CPA, law degree or other relevant
designation will be considered. Must begin CFA or CFP within six
- Advanced knowledge of Edward Jones client and branch team
tools, including Financial Foundation, Portfolio, Proposal Tool,
JonesLink and other related tools
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Independence , Advising Specialist II, CSG, Other , Warrensburg, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!