Company: Fastwyre Broadband
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Position Purpose/Summary The Area Supervisor is committed to
providing the highest quality of service to the communities,
customers, and employees we serve by providing supervision of the
Field Operations employees in the planning, installation, and
maintenance of telecommunications equipment and services. Primary
Duties & Responsibilities
- Keeps Operations Manager informed of events, happenings, and
service opportunities in assigned geographic areas of
- Oversees daily plant operations.
- Reviews workloads (trouble tickets/service orders).
- Maintains quality service standards.
- Frequently inspects ongoing and completed work.
- Hire, motivate, and lead a high-performing team through
coaching, top-tier talent retention, and directed recruiting
- Supervises staff, including training, providing work direction,
problem-solving assistance, reviewing performance, recommending
salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or
- Submits information on recommended budget for geographic
location of responsibility.
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner
through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with
customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to use appropriate computer programs (including, but
not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite) which includes having
proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn as
programs and processes change.
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work
independently to reach a goal.
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging
others to seek innovative approaches.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with Company's Customer
Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) regulations and
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, as needed, to best
serve our customers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from various groups, including managers, employees, and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers up to
five places and use such numbers to calculate footage, amounts and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Qualifications At a minimum, the Area
Supervisor must have a high school diploma or equivalent along with
5+ years of utility work experience, a valid driver's license, and
willing to travel, as needed, for business operations.
Additionally, previous telecommunications, management experience,
and CPR/Basic First Aid certification are preferred but not
required. Physical Demands
Select one the following for the each of the items listed
- N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this
- O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33%
of the time or 0 - 2.5+ hours/day.
- F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66%
of the time or 2.5-5.5+ hours/day.
- C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than
66% of the time or 5.5+ hours/day. Standing N? O? F? C? Walking N?
O? F? C? Sitting N? O? F? C? Reach Outward N? O? F? C? Reach Above
Shoulder N? O? F? C? Climbing N? O? F? C? Crawling N? O? F? C?
Squatting/Kneeling N? O? F? C? Bending N? O? F? C? Keyboarding N?
O? F? C? Driving N? O? F? C? Hearing N? O? F? C? Perceiving N? O?
F? C? Communicating N? O? F? C? Distinguish Colors N? O? F? C?
Outdoor Climate N? O? F? C? Various Terrain N? O? F? C? Cramped
Workspace N? O? F? C? Lift/Carry: Up to 10 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 20
lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 50 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 75 lbs N? O? F? C?
Up to 100 lbs N? O? F? C? 100+ lbs N? O? F? C? Push/Pull: Up to 10
lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 20 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 50 lbs N? O? F? C?
Up to 75 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 100 lbs N? O? F? C? 100+ lbs N? O?
F? C? Disclosure The Company has reviewed this job description to
ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been
included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations
and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional
functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed
appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of
employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job
description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the
Company may deem appropriate. American Broadband, dba Fastwyre
Broadband, is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: Fastwyre Broadband, Independence , Area Supervisor, Other , Warrensburg, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!