Lead Sales Associate-FT
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company Overview Dollar General Corporation has been delivering
value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps
shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. by offering products
that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks,
health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel,
housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient
neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000
stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about
Dollar General at . Job Details GENERAL SUMMARY: The Lead Sales
Associate helps maintain a clean, well-organized store with a
customer-first focus. The duties of the Lead Sales Associate
include assisting customers in locating and purchasing merchandise,
operating a cash register, stocking and recovering merchandise,
cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the
Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer
satisfaction while protecting company assets. Lead Sales Associates
perform the duties of a Sales Associate and act in a lead capacity
in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: * Provide superior customer
service leadership; greet and assist customers.
* Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer's
purchase, collect payment from customers and make change, bag
merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as
* Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack boxes,
cartons and totes of merchandise; stock merchandise, restock and
rotate merchandise on shelves, and build merchandise displays.
* Clean the store; take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean
restroom and stockroom; and help set up sidewalk displays.
* Assist in implementation and maintenance of planograms.
* Open and close the store under specific direction of the Store
* Perform additional duties typically performed by the Store
Manager or Assistant Store Manager, in their absence.
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS: * Effective interpersonal and
oral communication skills.
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise presentation
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
* Ability to perform cash register functions.
* Knowledge of cash, facility, and safety control policies and
* Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
* Ability to drive own vehicle to the bank to deposit money. WORK
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent and
six months of supervisory experience (or related
experience/training) preferred. WORKING CONDITIONS: * Frequent
walking and standing
* Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
* Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
* Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds
* Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six
* Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
* Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
* Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to
make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other
Dollar General stores. Dollar General Corporation is an equal
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Independence , Lead Sales Associate-FT, Other , Holden, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!