Vocational Specialist - ACT-TAY (Kansas City)
Company: Burrell Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 16, 2023
"We are truly in the business of saving lives" -Dr. C.J. Davis;
President and CEO Want to know what it's like to work at Burrell?
Click on the link below to find out - Burrell Behavioral Health -
Join our Team! - YouTube
Vocational Specialist (ACT-TAY) ACT-TAY (Assertive Community
Treatment - Transitional Age Youth) Kansas City / Independence,
Missouri The Vocational Specialist assists clients with finding and
maintaining competitive employment or return to educational
endeavors. To learn more about the ACT-TAY program, click here:
Assertive Community Treatment for... - Burrell Behavioral Health
(burrellcenter.com) What you will do:
- Provide a full range of support employment services.
- Provide individual vocational supportive counseling to enable
clients to identify vocational strengths, establish career goals,
and recognize symptoms of mental illness that interfere with
- Work with clients and other team members to develop treatment
goals, specifically related to employment issues.
- Assure treatment goals are based on the individual's needs,
abilities, and interest.
- Teach and assist with job-seeking efforts such as resume
writing and interview skills.
- Provide referrals for benefits planning.
- Provides individualized follow - along supports to assist
clients in maintaining employment.
- Assist in teaching daily living skills around work.
- Transport clients to appointments which connect them to
community resources and services.
- Develop relationships with employers through job development
and utilize these relationships to match client's strengths and
interest with employer needs. Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Human Services field such as
Psychology, Criminal Justice, Counseling, Social Work, Education,
Recreational Therapist, Human Development and Family Studies,
Gerontology, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Sociology OR
- Commensurate qualifying experience 1 year of experience of
supported employment experience serving individuals with
disabilities. Must have a valid driver's license with a favorable
driving record. What we offer: Great pay, great schedule, great
benefits, and an amazing culture of inclusiveness and positivity.
Burrell's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and
inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all
of our agency. Diversity is more than a commitment at Burrell-it is
the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating
characteristics that make us different. We are an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourage applications from
all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status,
or to other non-work related factors. Burrell is a Smoke and
Tobacco Free Workplace.
Keywords: Burrell Behavioral Health, Independence , Vocational Specialist - ACT-TAY (Kansas City), Other , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!