Landfill Lead Heavy Equipment Operator
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: September 12, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: The Landfill Lead Heavy Equipment Operator is
responsible for the safe operation of heavy equipment at landfill
for the purpose of transferring, spreading, covering, loading
and/or compacting waste or soil in an efficient and safe manner.
The Landfill Lead Heavy Equipment Operator is also responsible for
the coordination of activities of Equipment Operators.
- Performs pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in
accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors
and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate
equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer,
front-end loader and other equipment using proper safety
- Continuously monitors waste for evidence of unacceptable waste
- Continuously monitors the condition of the equipment to ensure
it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean
tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
- Performs and documents minor service on equipment, referring
more complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for
- Completes Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as
necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as
- Follows and enforces all required safety policies and
- Ensures that shop is clean, serviced and stored at the
completion of each shift.
- Trains or assists in training new employees.
- Studies production schedules and estimates hour requirements
for completion of job assignment. Establishes or adjusts work
procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality. Suggests changes in working conditions
and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or
- Directs employees in completion of work. May interpret
instructions, specifications, blueprints or job orders to employees
and assign duties.
- Confers with supervisor or manager to coordinate activities of
individual departments or shifts.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of
honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule
and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company?s safety standards; does not take
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
goals. Mechanical, equipment or trade school certificate or
- Prior supervisory or lead experience.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in equipment
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience working at sites
regulated by OSHA.Republic Services is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Independence , Landfill Lead Heavy Equipment Operator, Other , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!