Company: Progress Rail Services Corp.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
6977BRWork Location:Independence, MO PRIIS - 287Job
Purpose:Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company
and a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry in the
US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, seeks an OPERATIONS MANAGER at our
facility in Independence, MO.The successful candidate is
responsible for daily shop activities, production, and financial
responsibilities. Ensures all production targets are being met and
manages costs to maximize profits. Oversees work schedules to
ensure correct coverage to execute the needs of customers.Req
ID:6977BRCompany Description:Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company,
is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider,
delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and
international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop
shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions -
whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From
locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals
and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to
meet all their rail needs.Forging the bridge between ideas and
success, our talented and innovative team members work together to
address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success
for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business
operations, each and every member of our team is important to our
success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000
dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to
150 locations around the world. For more information, visit
www.progressrail.com and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and
YouTube.Education / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering field; may be
offset by experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience working in diversified team
environment and supervising other individuals; engineering
background a plus; experience in manufacturing with a specialty in
operational leadership; hands on production experience.Job
Title:Operations ManagerCity:IndependenceKey Job Elements:Duties
- Provides oversight and support for operations in achieving
daily/monthly production goals.
- Ensures worker safety is #1 priority by providing reviews,
oversight to training plan, equipment, etc.
- Works with quality, manufacturing, and engineering to drive
continuous improvement throughout the facility; provides feedback,
input, and approval on new and existing improvement initiatives.
- Monitors daily efficiencies to ensure work allocations are
correct and that utilization is maximized.
- Set and execute policies and processes.
- Develops planning for long-term growth through capacity
planning; reviews status of all current and future production
orders; collaborates with supply chain management team; assists
with purchasing to ensure all parts are available as needed;
experience with obsolescence by leverage engineering team for
- Forecasts and maintains monthly budget; coordinates with
accounting team to drive sustained profitability.
- Manages all capital improvement projects.
- Manages hiring, discipline and termination of employees;
evaluates employees and gives feedback for improvement; supports
successful growth and development of employees.
- Collaborates with engineering and quality departments to ensure
all KPI's and metrics are being met or exceeded; resolves open
quality alerts and implements corrective actions.
- Manages sales and customer service; works with customers to
identify new sales opportunities.
- Performs additional job-related duties as
assigned.Qualifications and Experience:
- Understanding of all facets of the company: production
supervision, supply chain, quality, engineering; HR, finance, etc.;
ability to interface with support groups and understand how each
functions to manage team effectively.
- Project management experience; critical thinking and
problem-solving skills; courage to make challenging decisions;
understanding of production process and SOP's, lean principles.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral; ability to
listen well to what team members tell you.
- Time management skills.
- Strong work ethic; very high level of integrity.
- Ability to work together in a team environment; ability to
manage a diverse workforce.
- Understanding of scheduling and manpower planning.
- Strong proficiency with Excel and other MS Office
tools.EEO:Equal Opportunity Employer -
Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/Vets/DisabilitiesBenefits:Progress Rail Services
Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an
excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary,
401(k) plan with company match, available
medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible
spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may
be available for some positions.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment
status - governing plan documents control such benefits..Job
Keywords: Progress Rail Services Corp., Independence , Operations Manager, Professions , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!