20 mm Technician C
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 4, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a 20mm Operations Technician C for our
location in Independence, Missouri.
Job Title: 20mm Operations Technician C Job Class: 14, 14A
Operational Organization: 20mm Operations
General Definition: Performs complex diagnostic, preventative and
emergency mechanical maintenance on automated high speed ammunition
Hours/Work Schedule: 5:30am-4:00pm, Mon-Thur
Starting Pay Rate: $ 28.47
Operations Technician C
1. Performs routine diagnostic, preventative and emergency
mechanical maintenance on automated high speed ammunition
manufacturing equipment with a minimum of assistance.
2. Operates master console to control 20mm equipment.
3. Monitors operating functions to assess and resolve operating
problems with some assistance from others.
4. Repairs, conditions and test machine set up and tooling.
5. Maintains equipment and work area in a clean and safe
6. Obeys safety rules and regulations and wears proper safety
7. Keeps accurate production reporting and downtime sheets.
8. Performs other associated and comparable duties as assigned.
9. Other job duties as assigned
Prerequisites: High school diploma or equivalent required.
20mm Operations Technician C
1. Specific environmental training is required for incumbents.
2. Must successfully pass mechanical aptitude test and the
3. Must be able to successfully complete Statistical Process
2. Ordinary communication.
3. Acuity (near and far), color vision and field of vision.
1. Climbing ladders.
1. Walking and sitting.
2. Lifting, carrying and pushing 100-1,400 lbs.
3. Climbing stairs.
4. Kneeling, crouching, crawling, turning/twisting and bending at
5. Handling, fingering, feeling, throwing, eye-hand and
6. Ordinary hearing.
7. Depth perception and accommodation.
1. Work performed inside.
2. Noise exposure.
3. Use of protective clothing and personal devices.
1. Constant cold, heat, and changing temperatures.
2. Fumes, odors, mists and dusts.
3. Unavoidable mechanical, electrical, burn, moving objects,
heights and cramped quarters hazards.
4. Oil/grease, dirt, gases, ventilation and lighting.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Independence , 20 mm Technician C, Professions , Independence, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!