Warehouse Order Selector
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Under general supervision, the Warehouse Order Selector will
assemble and select cases from pick slots for store orders daily in
an accurate, efficient, productive manner and assembles order onto
plastic pallets using a Talkman and pallet jack.
• Prepares and loads voice template into Talkman unit for specific
warehouse selecting location.
• Performs visual and operational vehicle safety inspections and
reports any unsafe vehicles to shift supervisor or maintenance
• Responsible for ensuring that all cases and pallets are properly
identified with the correct store number.
• Performs count/exception on pick slot locations if quantities are
less than requested by Talkman.
• Secures selected cases and conducts final pallet preparations by
wrapping selected load and applying shipping labels.
• Prepares and places assembled case pick pallets and moves
assembled pallets from picking areas to a dock door or staging
• Observes, reports and corrects (when appropriate) all unsafe and
unsanitary conditions that could cause employee and/or customer
• Comply with OSHA standards.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires ability to work independently
• Must be able to work varied schedule including weekend and early
• Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, and meet
• Tools and Technology Required: Computer, Talkman and Pallet
• Considerable knowledge of warehouse quad layout system.
• Working knowledge of all safety rules and safety procedures.
• Working knowledge of the WIN system as applied to Talkman.
• Working knowledge of the WIN system as applied to LTO &
• Working skill in operating 870 RF units and 960 units.
• Working knowledge of inbound/outbound process.
• Considerable skill in efficiently lifting, stacking and building
• Skill in operating warehouse equipment: i.e.; Pallet Jack (double
and triple), Hi-lift, RC.
• Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop and lift up to and including
60 lbs frequently and 80 lbs occasionally.
• Skill in meeting production standards set by the company.
• Working skill in troubleshooting Talkman.
• Skill in communicating effectively with supervisors and
• Able to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
• Ability to work in a 32 degree to 40-degree F environment
(temperature varies within each department) for long periods of
• Ability to work any shift including weekends.
• Ability to handle empty pallets weighing up to 60 pounds.
• Ability to read and perform basic math functions.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Independence , Warehouse Order Selector, Professions , Chillicothe, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!